Monday, June 2, 2008

My Dear Reader Letter

Dear Readers,


At this point of time you’ll be hearing a little bit about me and my journey through my writing. Oh, I forgot my manners, my name is Monica and I’m enrolled in English 98 at EVCC. I have many struggles in my life, being in foster care with a foster mom who has two kids of her own since I was 13th.


My biggest goals in life are I want to help people. Hopefully later in my life I will become a homicide detective, but the way I’m heading I don’t think so. This quarter I struggler and I got frustrated and I wanted to give up in English 98. I did not turn in a lot of my home work and I did not turn in one of my first draft of one of my major writing assignment. It feels like I’m not getting any better, but people comment on the good things about my writing. So I guess I’m getting better. After this quarter I realize I should be stronger, not give up and do my homework.


In my past experience in my English I hated to write, because I could not express my self. I was scared what other people thought of me and I was scared to get something wrong. Now after being in English 97 and English 98 I feel more confident. I can do group work and let people read my essays, because now I know there are a lot of people out there who have the same problem. Hey, look I’m writing this dear reader letter with out getting frustrated and giving up and I’m not going to worry who is going to read this!


Through out the quarter we have been doing a lot of work. The pieces that I’m going to talk about in my e-portfolio are in the following order; first major writing assignment, second my subsequence visit and the final piece is my inventory of being.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

oh your funny! i liked your portfolio some stuff was missing but i still got the idea. Its really good that you stoped caring what people think, that will make writing alot easyer. Becides its more fun to jsut be yourself

Binh Pham said...

Monica,

I really like all of your pieces, and I think you had been improve so much...Keep up the good work! I'll see you next year.